Sunday, October 08, 2006

done

I finally finished the sweater that was still on the blocking board in my last post. Blocking went well, putting the pieces together went well, it fit me like a glove, and then I went on to knit the collar. First I tried a circular needle which was the right size but the wrong length (ever tried to knit with a circular needle that is too long?), then I tried a circular I had lying around which was the right lenght, but I knew that the size was too small (in too much of a hurry to go buy a new one), found out (surprise!) that the collar was too narrow, couldn't get my head through it. So at last I ripped it, bought the perfect needle for the job and knit a new collar. Done. Or so I thought, untill I tried it on, and realised that I had cast off too tightly, so my head still wouldn't go through. Aaaaaagh!!!
Last night I summoned up the courage to rip the last row and tonight I cast off again: perfect.
If I'd learn from my mistakes, this would be a great lesson (sigh........).

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home